Sunday, June 21, 2009

I love fabric Yo-Yos

I absolutely love fabric yoyos. In case you are not sure what they are, yo-yo is a little circle of fabric that was traditionally used in quilting and patchwork projects.













Yo-Yos are supposedly easy to make. They are circles of fabric, around the edge of which a line of running stitch is made with a sturdy thread, and this is gently gathered, bringing the edges into the center and forming a ‘puff’.













I, however, can not make Yo-Yos to save my life and I know they are NOT easy to make. I have tried to make them by hand and I have also tried to make them using machines. None of my methods ever work and I just get frustrated.













So, I bought these Yo-Yos from Donna at YoYoCottage. They are absolutely gorgeous and come in many different sizes and colors.

I might have to carry them with me in my purse for a while and play with them.

Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment